NO LONGER ACCEPTION SUBMISSIONS
Catamount Arts supports its member artists by making it possible for them to exhibit in its non-profit exhibition space in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. We are currently accepting proposals for 8-12 week exhibitions beginning April/May 2022.
Exhibitions must consist of original artwork and can be organized around a single medium or several media. We are interested presenting new and interesting art that showcases the talent of Catamount Arts members.
Proposals must be submitted electronically and must include the following:
- Exhibition Title
- Description or summary of basic idea behind the show (to be used for press release and as intro on Catamount Arts website.
The artist should provide brief bios and websites (if available).
A minimum of 5 images to be submitted through Slide Room. If chosen, artist should be prepared to submit images of all work on view.
- Proposed Public Program (50-100 words)
At least one public presentation that expands on the exhibition is encouraged. Presentation might be a talk or gallery tour, a demonstration, or presentation of a related film in the cinema space adjacent to the gallery. Regardless of type of presentation—in person or virtual—Catamount Arts staff will provide technical support.
Catamount Arts will provide:
- a $500 USD stipend
- public relations support, such as release of press materials to media, advertisements and calendar listings, emails to mailing list, inclusion in our newsletter and posts to our social media feeds
- duplication of material for distribution at the exhibition
- physical assistance in preparing the space and installing the work
- gallery signage, labels, and title wall vinyl
- insurance of artwork once onsite
- an opening reception with refreshments (when possible)
In return, the Artist will:
- Select artwork
- Transport of artwork to and from Catamount Arts
- Provide complete checklist with images (artist, date, medium, dimensions) to submit to insurance companies, provide information for loan forms, as well as labels and signage, and for gallery book.
- Install artwork in Rankin Gallery
- Be present for opening reception (or for a virtual opening and or presentation when in person is not possible)
Further questions? Please contact Catamount Arts Artistic Director Molly Stone via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.