For a small community arts organization, these are trying times and we could use your support. Here are four ways to help:
- Make a Donation – Donations to Catamount Arts are always welcome.
- Become a Member – Show your support for the arts in our community by becoming a member today. Memberships start at just $50 and receive benefits such as discounts to select events.
2021 Executive Director Spring Update
It’s been one year since Catamount Arts made the difficult decision to close our doors to the public. One year since theaters, concert halls, and music venues worldwide went dark. And while we’re not ready to throw the doors open yet, we’re beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
Here’s a look at what’s in store:
- We’re installing new air filtration so we can reopen our beloved Arts Center.
- We’re providing intensive string instrument instruction to local students with our EPIC Music El Sistema program.
- We’re exhibiting a dozen Northeast Kingdom artists right now with StJ Art on the Street, our walkable downtown gallery, in storefronts on Railroad Street and Eastern Avenue.
- We’re presenting the Vermont Animation Festival in partnership with Northern Vermont University and the Vermont Curators Group, featuring workshops, screenings, and keynote speaker Alan Jennings.
- We’re organizing over 100 submissions for PoemTown St. Johnsbury, celebrating National Poetry Month in April.
- We’re compiling your favorite recipes and food-related artwork into our first ever Community Cookbook.
- We’re rebooting our Courageous Conversations Series as part of the Vermont Civics Collaborative in partnership with the Vermont Humanities Council.
- We’re opening registration for SOCAPA’s Tap Into Film 72-hour Family Film Slam.
- We’re selling tickets for the Annual Summer Raffle with winner’s choice of a Mahindra 4WD tractor, 2021 Harley-Davidson Iron 883 or $10,000 in cash.
- We’re scheduling live performances at ArtPort, our brand new versatile indoor arts and entertainment space in the Green Mountain Mall.
- We’re gearing up for summer camps, including EPIC Music, water skiing, and more.
- We’re booking artists for the Levitt AMP St. Johnsbury Music Series at Dog Mountain and the #GETDOWNTOWN sidewalk festival this summer.
- We’re planning 15 KCP Presents shows this fall and winter, our most robust live performance season in years.
- We’re partnering with Clemmons Family Farm to develop The Northeast Kingdom Black Performing Arts Series, a new 18-month program showcasing the work of Vermont artists of African descent.
We had no idea, one year ago, that our doors would be closed this long, and our hearts break for the many venues forced this past year to close their doors forever. We have been so grateful for your support—your kind words of encouragement, your membership renewals and donations, your likes and shares on social media, and your patience as we adapt to unprecedented and constantly evolving circumstances.
On behalf of Catamount’s Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and patrons, thank you for keeping yourselves and each other safe, and for supporting your community arts center. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
-Jody Fried, Executive Director