Catamount Arts depends on a team of passionate volunteers, interns and employees to fulfill it’s mission to inspire appreciation of and participation in the arts, promote the arts throughout the region, and cultivate the arts as an integral part of community life.
TO VIEW CURRENT JOB POSTINGS, CLICK ON A JOB BELOW…
The Mission of Catamount Arts is to inspire appreciation of and participation in the arts, promote the arts throughout the region, and cultivate the arts as an integral part of community life. Our Vision is to be a vibrant and sustainable Arts institution, serving as an essential force in the Arts for individuals, organizations and communities throughout the region. We are in year two of an eight year “20/20 Vision” Capital Campaign to provide the community with a permanent Arts Center and legacy of programs and events for future families and businesses, and we are seeking a Director of Development to lead these efforts. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the arts and their community and enjoy interacting with people to inspire them to realize the importance and impact of their giving. This individual will be seen and present in the community, frequently meeting with individuals and groups, speaking and teaching about our mission and its need for funding. They must be a good writer, who can put succinctly into words a compelling story. Catamount Arts is seeking an arts and culture ambassador who can help the world understand the importance of our mission, the validity of our vision, and convince its citizens to open their wallets and financially support our organization!
• The Director of Development is responsible for managing and executing a fundraising program and capital campaign devised in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors enabling the organization to realize its mission.
• The Director of Development is responsible for implementing all fundraising programs and activities of the organization, coordinating the fundraising efforts of the Board Development Committee, Fundraising Committee, volunteers and staff.
• The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director and will participate as a member of Catamount’s leadership team. He/she will work with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies.
• Telecommuting is an option, although the individual must be willing to be on-site whenever deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
• A strong passion and appreciation for the arts.
• An undergraduate or graduate degree and three years of fund-raising experience, preferably in an arts organization.
• A track record of participation in and leading successful development programs, including annual fund, planned giving, grants, events, corporate sponsorships and capital campaigns.
• Excellent communication skills. The ability to build strong relationships with donors, trustees, staff, members, and volunteers.
• Experience in creating and carrying out long-range fundraising plans tied to concrete goals and objectives.
• A working knowledge of fundraising database management is desirable.
As soon as possible.
Please email or send resume, cover letter and references to the address below by March 15, 2014:
Jody Fried, Executive Director
Catamount Film & Arts
P.O. Box 324
115 Eastern Avenue
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819